- New ICP component for aligning meshes and point clouds.
Updates and bug fixes:
- Project level options now save along with the project (display options etc..)
- Log tracks and boundary interpretations now save.
- Editing geobody vertices has been simplified (now same as for polylines)
- Polyline interpretations now have a 3D representation (cylinders) in the 3D view.
- Improved handling of texture maps (tested up to 32 8192x8192 textures in a GTX1080).
- Can now blend texture maps with attribute colours, as well as contour attributes.
- Import of ortho-images fixed, and can now attached ortho-images to mesh data.
- Geobodies now calculate thickness information. Average, Maximum and Standard Deviation.
- Improvements to PLY and OBJ importers.
- Corrected bug in .asc import option for point clouds.
- Fixed timers showing elapsed processing time in background processes for mesh and point clouds.
- Corrected display of bounding boxes in point clouds and meshes where sometimes they do not display when they should.
- Menus now active while using the game controller for navigation.
- Improved performance of rendering while using VR.
- Option for switching on all labels/billboards for all geo-objects included (as opposed to just when hovering over the object with the mouse).
Version 2.28 is now available.
New in this version:
- Multiple 3D views are now possible, either as multiple 3D windows or splitter windows.
- Export for PLY and OBJ now included.
- Draw and drop for PLY and OBJ files now supported.
- New intro screen connecting to VRGeoscience.com giving up-to-date info on VRGS.
- Several bug fixes in the geobodies.
- PLY and OBJ files import now supports multiple textures.
- Bug preventing LOD in texture maps fixed.
VRGS Version 2.26 is now available.
- Attributes can now be added and saved for geobodies and faults.
- XBox game controllers can now be used to navigate around models.
- Improved fault mapping and editing.
- Limited support for Oculus Rift.
- A completely new installer - please un-install previous VRGS versions before installing this one.
- Rendering speed has be increased for triangulated mesh data,
- Improved support for wavefront OBJ files.
- Improvements to the the stereonet view
- Improved shaders for rendering the bounding boxes and contouring.
- Numerous minor improvements and bug fixes