Changes and updates in 2.39 (released 11/07/2018).
No change to the internal data structure in this release. Version number remains at 2.39
This release has undergone a major refactoring (changing code structure without changing functionality) in order to facilitate certain future developments.
Current changes/developments in this release include:
- Support for very large co-ordinates (global scale).
- Improved handling of mesh data internally (reduce footprint, better performance).
- Export routines improved (xml, json, csv).
- Basic Shapefile export for polylines supported.
- Log display has a bed thickness track.
- Fixed bug loading older projects into the viewer.
- Improvement to definition and saving of display properties
- Fault group properties extended to make display more flexible.
- Faults now have a displacement direction indicator.
- Better support for geotiff elevation data (import as point cloud or mesh).
- Other minor bug fixes.
Changelog for Version 2.32 to 2.36
1. Update for the crash reporting. Now a minidump file is created on the desktop.
2. (V2.32) Sedimentary log editor is now in place.
- (V2.36) Improved anti-aliasing of bitmap fills.
3. 2D windows use latest version of Direct2D for faster rendering.
4. Translation of meshes now possible for simple fault restoration.
5. Improved memory handling for point cloud declustering.
6. Viewer for projective images now works again.
7. Can import and view individual images used to construct from SFM data.
8. Improved handling of asynchronous (background) tasks.
9. Import of OBJ files fixed (texture maps not mapping correctly)
10. Introduction of "Point to Plane" algorithm for the ICP registration.
11. Drag and drop into 3D view now also works for ArcInfo .asc files.
12. Improved import of .shp files.
Version 2.28 is now available.
New in this version:
- Multiple 3D views are now possible, either as multiple 3D windows or splitter windows.
- Export for PLY and OBJ now included.
- Draw and drop for PLY and OBJ files now supported.
- New intro screen connecting to VRGeoscience.com giving up-to-date info on VRGS.
- Several bug fixes in the geobodies.
- PLY and OBJ files import now supports multiple textures.
- Bug preventing LOD in texture maps fixed.
- New ICP component for aligning meshes and point clouds.
Updates and bug fixes:
- Project level options now save along with the project (display options etc..)
- Log tracks and boundary interpretations now save.
- Editing geobody vertices has been simplified (now same as for polylines)
- Polyline interpretations now have a 3D representation (cylinders) in the 3D view.
- Improved handling of texture maps (tested up to 32 8192x8192 textures in a GTX1080).
- Can now blend texture maps with attribute colours, as well as contour attributes.
- Import of ortho-images fixed, and can now attached ortho-images to mesh data.
- Geobodies now calculate thickness information. Average, Maximum and Standard Deviation.
- Improvements to PLY and OBJ importers.
- Corrected bug in .asc import option for point clouds.
- Fixed timers showing elapsed processing time in background processes for mesh and point clouds.
- Corrected display of bounding boxes in point clouds and meshes where sometimes they do not display when they should.
- Menus now active while using the game controller for navigation.
- Improved performance of rendering while using VR.
- Option for switching on all labels/billboards for all geo-objects included (as opposed to just when hovering over the object with the mouse).
VRGS Version 2.26 is now available.
- Attributes can now be added and saved for geobodies and faults.
- XBox game controllers can now be used to navigate around models.
- Improved fault mapping and editing.
- Limited support for Oculus Rift.
- A completely new installer - please un-install previous VRGS versions before installing this one.
- Rendering speed has be increased for triangulated mesh data,
- Improved support for wavefront OBJ files.
- Improvements to the the stereonet view
- Improved shaders for rendering the bounding boxes and contouring.
- Numerous minor improvements and bug fixes