Using Oculus Rift
VRGS supports using an Oculus rift HMD (Head Mounted Device).
So far it has been tested with the DK2 and the CV1.
To use VRGS with the HMD you will also need to have the XBox controller connected (see Using an XBox controller), or Oculus Touch controllers installed.
Without these controllers you will not be able to move about in VR.
To enter VR you will, of course, need an appropriately VR ready computer.
- Setup your HMD as per the Oculus instructions.
- Start VRGS, load you data set and prepare your view. Make sure the view is close to the data to get the best VR effect.
- DO NOT click connect HMD yet on VRGS.
- Start the Oculus software if it is not running already, and check your HMD to ensure you are in Oculus home.
- Now click the Connect HMD button on the VRGS Home Ribbon(see The Home Ribbon Bar). Do not try and start VRGS from within Oculus Home.
- You should now be in VR.
- To quit VR press the "Esc" key on the keyboard.
- You can return to VR using the "Connect HMD" button again.
Use the stick on the left and right controllers to navigate around the model.
Point your right index finger to activate the virtual laser pointer in VR.